Link Forecast Model
Link a Forecast Model by selecting the Tab <Forecast>. The Forecast Model allows to define how many new customers of each customer type are contracted / buy your services every period. Select the Forecast Model which best suits your go-to-market approach.
The figure below shows an example for a revenue forecast which is driven by acquiring New Customers. The monthly target is to sign up 10 New Customer per Month growing at 5% per quarter.
Each Forecast Models combines a Forecast Driver and a Forecast Target.
The Forecast Driver describes your Go-To-Market approach - how to scale your business over time, e.g. by the number of
- New Signups (e.g. if you sign-up users)
- New Customers (e.g. if you directly sell to customers online)
- New Sales Teams (e.g. if you follow an inside or outside sales model)
- New Sales Partners (e.g. Distributors or Point-of-Sales) or
- New MRR Target for your business (e.g. if you have a New MRR Target for your SaaS business)
- Cross-Selling where you cross-sell to Customers created by another revenue stream (e.g. by linking professional services with every new subscription customer)
The Forecast Target defines the target metric for each forecast driver, e.g. how many new customer you sign up
- per Sales Team
- per Sales Partner
- given a Monthly Revenue Quota
- given a Monthly Marketing Budget
- by simply adding up real customer contracts