The Expense Menu is one of the 5 key menu items to create, manage and review the key components of a Lean-Case:
You find 3 different views Plan, Check and Track to create and review your assumptions related to operating expenses (OpEx).
In the Plan View
- Create the expense assumption for your Lean-Case by adding Expense Groups. To add a new Group, click on <+ Add Expenses> . Give your expense group a name and assign the expense category, typically G&A, S&M or R&D. Each Expense Group represents a Lean-Case Widget.
- Depending on the chosen ctagory, plan your assumptions. Check the corresponding Expense Widgets and Metric Definitions for details on how to add:
- In the top part of the Expense Menu, you can review key results of your calculation. Key Metrics, how expenses develop and how they average for the selected monthly, quarterly or yearly view. Check Work in the Plan View for details.
In the Check View, find and review the data for your expense assumptions
- in the top part, find the data for each Expense Group. It shows in detail all expense items by Expense Group.
- in the bottom part, find the total data aggregated across all Expense Groups.
In the Track View, find and review how your actual expenses captured in the Actuals Menu deviate from your expense plan assumptions captured in the Expense Plan View.
- in the top part, find the deviation for each Expense Group.
- in the bottom part, find the total deviation aggregated across all Expense Groups.
- Tour of the menus, views and time selection
- Work in the Plan View / Add View
- Work in the Check View
- Work in the Track View
- Understand Lean-Case Metrics Structure
- Manage Lean-Case Widgets