Cost of Marketing are part of the Customer Acquisition Cost (how much it costs to acquire a customer) and include all direct marketing cost to create and convert a lead into a paying customer.
Learn how to add Cost of Marketing by answering 2 questions
Add Cost of Leads by defining
- Lead Channels - through which channels are you creating your leads?
- the Share of Leads for each channel - which percentage of leads are you creating via each channel?
- the Cost per Lead in each channel - what is the cost of one lead per channel
To add a new Lead Channel, click the <+ Add Cost of Leads> button. If you are generating leads via Events and Online Paid Traffic in the Web, add 2 Lead Channels.
- the Share of Leads in % which you generate through this channel, e.g. 60% of your leads are generated via Events, 40% via the web
- the Cost per paid Lead, e.g. a lead created through an Event costs $50 and in the Online Paid Traffic costs $10
Note: The Share of Leads across all Lead-Channels must add up to 100%
Add Lead Conversion in your pipeline by defining the pipeline stages and the conversion from stage to stage.
Per Lead Conversion Stage, enter
- the description of the stage, e.g. Opportunity, Trial, ..
- the conversion rate in % from this stage into the next stage, e.g. 10% of your leads convert into opportunities, 20% of your opportunities convert into Trials, 50% of your opportunities convert into Paying Customers
Follow the links below to dive into more detail on how to add Revenue related cost linked to getting, keeping and growing customers, in particular