The Actuals Menu is one of the 5 key menu items to create, manage and review the key components of a Lean-Case:
You find 2 different views Add and Check to add actuals occured in your business for revenues, revenue related expenses such as CoGS and CAC, headcound related expenses for compensation, operating expenses and capital measures such as CapEx and Funding.
In the Add View
- Add the Actual Financials occured in your business for your Lean-Case by adding Actual Groups. To add a new Group, click on <+ Add Actuals> . Give your Actuals Group a name and select the Actuals category, e.g. Revenues, CoGS, CAC, Heacount or OpEx. You also have the option to add actuals on a more granular level, e.g. by selecting the name of an existing Revenue Stream for capturing Actual Revenues, CoGS or CAC. Each Capital Group represents a Lean-Case Widget.
- Depending on the chosen category, plan your assumptions. Check the corresponding Actuals Widgets and Metric Definitions for details on how to add Actuals.
- In the top part of the Actuals Menu, you can review key results of your calculation. Key Metrics, how all Actual Metrics develop and how they average for the selected monthly, quarterly or yearly view. Check Work in the Plan View / Add View for details.
In the Check View, find and review the data for your capital assumptions
- in the top part, find the data for each Capital Group. It shows in detail all items by Capital Group.
- in the bottom part, find the total data aggregated across all Capital Groups.
In the Track View, find and review how your actual capital metrics captured in the Actuals Menu deviate from your capital plan assumptions captured in the Capital Plan View.
- in the top part, find the deviation for each Capital Group.
- in the bottom part, find the total deviation aggregated across all Capital Groups.
- Tour of the menus, views and time selection
- Work in the Plan View / Add View
- Work in the Check View
- Work in the Track View
- Understand Lean-Case Metrics Structure
- Manage Lean-Case Widgets